Student Learning Targets:
- Habit 5: I can make strategic use of appropriate tools.
- Habit 6: I attend to precision.
- Habit 7: I look for an can make use of structures and patterns.
- Triangles 1: I can use similarity to define trigonometric ratios as properties of the angles in a triangle.
Task 1: Making a Chart
- Look at the chart on the side board.
- Copy this chart into your notebook, and fill it in for your Rectangle.
Task 2: Drawing Perpendiculars & Gathering Data
- Get a protractor, and use it to draw two perpendicular lines on your Rectangle.
- How are sides labeled on each rectangle?
- Complete all parts of your chart.
- Add your ratio values to the the poster for your rectangle.
- You should post 9 numbers onto each poster. (What are they?)
Task 3: Get The Similar Triangles Project, Part 2
- Think about what we’ve done so far, and complete the front of this handout.
Problem Set #2 is due on Thursday.
Delta Math – first assignment is open until Wednesday at 11:59 pm.