Unit 1: Triangles / Student Learning Targets
- Triangles 1: I can use similarity to define trigonometric ratios as properties of the angles in a triangle.
- Triangles 2: I understand the relationships between different trigonometric ratios.
- Triangles 3: I can apply trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solving problems involving right triangles.
- Triangles 4: I can use special triangles to determine geometrically the values of sine, cosine and tangent for angles of 0, 30,45, 60 and 90 without a calculator.
Suppose that you receive a new colored rectangle called “GREEN C”, and you measure its sides. You find that the length of GREEN C is 7.2 cm, and the width of the rectangle is 9.9 cm.
How long do you expect the diagonal of this rectangle to be?
What angle will the diagonal make with the bottom of the rectangle?
- The Similar Triangles Project
- Problem Set 3
- Check In Quizzes
- Delta Math Results: 5 students earned a 3 by completing 100%, 1 student earned a 2 by completing 85% +
- Update your Capacity Matrix
- Get a laptop, and complete the Similar Triangles Project Reflection
- Delta Math — Extended for late credit until tonight at 11:59 pm.
- When everyone is started, we can run through some examples as a class.
- Problem Set #4 is due tomorrow at 3:30 pm