Student Learning Targets:
- Circles 1: I understand the derivation for the equation of a circle on the coordinate plane.
- Habit 4: I can construct mathematical models.
- Habit 6: I attend to precision.
- Habit 7: I look for and can make use of structures and patterns.
Opener: Draw and label 2 coordinate planes. Then:
- Graph the circle with center (2, -2) and a radius of 5. By looking at your graph, estimate the y-value when x=6.
- Graph the circle with center (3,1) and a radius of 3. By looking at your graph, estimate the y-value when x = 4.
Back to the opener — let’s check our estimates.
- How can we use the Pythagorean Theorem?
- How can we build right triangles in circles?
- Problem Set #7 — due Thursday at 3:30
- Delta Math: SLT T4 Special Triangles Exercises.
- Due Wednesday 3/13/13 at 11:59 pm
- Finish 85% or more to earn a 2
- Finish 100% to earn a 3