Student Learning Targets:
- Circles 1: I understand the derivation for the equation of a circle on the coordinate plane.
- Habit 4: I can construct mathematical models.
- Habit 6: I attend to precision.
- Habit 7: I look for and can make use of structures and patterns.
Opener: Grab a computer and open up GeoGebra.
We are going to build Interactive Graph Applet’s on GeoGebra to examine lines and circles.
Some things to ponder: Why are we creating sliders for only some of the variables? How does changing the equation change the graph?
The goal is to get to the point where we don’t need GeoGebra’s help.
Try this after you finish “Manipulating Circles on Geogebra” –> Geogebra Circles Problem Solving
- Problem Set #7 — due Thursday at 3:30
- Delta Math: SLT T4 Special Triangles Exercises.
- Due Wednesday 3/13/13 at 11:59 pm
- Finish 85% or more to earn a 2
- Finish 100% to earn a 3