Opener: Complete Figure 1
- How does this diagram evolve your definition of radians?
Work Time: Unit Right Triangles
- What does this handout mean by “Unit Right Triangle”?
- What’s happening here?
- What happens if we think about the Pythagorean Theorem in terms of this triangles?
Figure 2: What if we plot these triangles?
- We are handing out special graph paper (What’s so special about it?)
- Draw each of your triangles onto the graph paper so that the vertex of the given angle is placed at the origin.
- How should we label our axes?
Problem Set #12 – due Monday 5/20/13